Tuesday 3 May 2016

Buffy Body Butter





This ugly, big slab of Buffy Body Butter is just that: ugly and big. It's not exactly the most attractive product that Lush has ever put out. Bear with me here though, don't stop reading yet.

I bought the 200g version and I have tiny hands, yet this big block was still easy to hold and use whilst I was in the shower. I kind of knew what to expect from this product since a lovely lady in the Merry Hill Lush demonstrated this product on my arm and I loved what I felt after she washed my arm off. However, I didn't know how it would work over my entire body. 

Whilst I was shampooing and conditioning my hair, I made the mistake of leaving the body butter where the water could rain down upon it - don't make the same mistake I did. It didn't make a difference to the size at all, it just left a few little pieces of the product lying around on my shower shelf. The water that had already gone onto this product before I used it didn't seem to impact how well it worked either.

Using this exfoliating body butter was probably one of the best shower experiences I've ever had. If you've read my review of The Rough with the Smooth body scrub, then you know how much I like that product; Buffy body butter is even better. Yes, you read that correctly. This may be my favourite shower scrub/butter.

When you're exfoliating, the ground rice, almonds and aduki beans get to work in getting rid of any dead skin that you have whilst the cocoa butter, shea butter and lavender oil moisturise your skin leaving it silky smooth. You do get left over residue of the rice, almonds and aduki beans and this leaves black specs all over your body which might not look very pleasant but they wash away very very easily. 

I noticed - after stepping out of the shower - that the size of the body butter hadn't gone down much at all, which made me think that this 200g will last me quite a while. Once I have finished the body butter, I will update this review with the number of washes it lasted.






After I had washed myself off and patted myself dry, I couldn't stop feeling my skin. Literally. I think I was sat on my bed for about 15 minutes stroking my legs and arms because of how soft they were. Buffy body butter didn't leave my skin feeling greasy, it stayed smooth for the rest of the day and the entirety of the next. I was completely amazed.

This product doesn't exactly smell brilliant, it doesn't really smell of anything since the smell is so subtle, but the way it gets rid of any dead skin and moisturises makes up for the lack of smell. I just want to use it over and over again, but if I did that, then I couldn't review any other shower products and then I would let all you lovely readers down. I 100% recommend that everyone gets this product, it's my new favourite.


Description On Lush:
Slay dead skin with this scrub-in-a-bar that's filled with essential oil, cocoa and shea butters, and ground-up goodies that are great to use on thighs and bums, leaving you looking dewy. Rub the bar on wet skin to release the goodness: ground rice, almonds and aduki beans get to work polishing away dead cells, while the blend of lavender oil, cocoa butter and shea butter replenish moisture.


Ingredients:
Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Organic Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool


Price:
£6.75/90g
£11.95/200g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:

xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment