Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Olive Branch Body Lotion



If you love The Olive Branch shower gel then you will definitely love this! Sometimes when Lush release a lotion of the same name as a shower gel or bath bomb, the smell tends to be different, slightly tweaked. Not this one.

As soon as I saw The Olive Branch body lotion on the Lush Kitchen menu, I knew that I had to get it. I'm a massive fan of the shower gel and I was hoping more than anything that Lush had kept to the same recipe as this for the body lotion.

The ingredients are very very similar to that of the shower gel, obviously there has to be some difference because this is a lotion but I was very surprised to see that there were no actual olives in the ingredients for the lotion. After looking at the ingredients for the shower gel, I saw that there was olive oil in it, but when I looked at the ingredients for The Olive Branch body lotion - nothing. No olives whatsoever. Is it just me, or is that a bit strange?




The body lotion smells slightly weaker than the shower gel but this didn't affect how amazing this product is. One of the main smells of The Olive Branch family is citrus and in this lotion, there was a slight citrusy aroma; it wasn't weak but it wasn't overpowering. Looking at the ingredients for this lotion, I did think that the citrus element would be stronger since Lush use lemon oil, orange flower absolute, mandarin oil, citral, citronellol and bergamot oil. Sadly, it wasn't.

I do think it could have been slightly stronger so that you can smell it as soon as you open up the tub but that is a very very small problem because as soon as you apply this product to your skin, the smell comes through a bit more and lingers on your skin.

What is absolutely brilliant about this lotion however is that the smell that you do get from the lotion lasts a couple of hours, not as long as Sympathy for the Skin or Tropical Jungle but still a good amount of time that you feel satisfied.




The amount of cream shown on my fingers above covered the entirety of the top of my leg, the same amount then went on to cover the bottom half of my leg so as you can see, you don't need much. However, when I was moisturising the rest of my body, what I found out was that if you use a tiny bit too much, it can leave your skin feel greasy and oily so you have to be careful with the amount that you're using. I recommend that you use a tiny bit at a time - maybe use one finger to get cream out of the tub, that way at least your skin won't end up greasy.

The consistency of this product is quite thin, very similar to that of Karma Kream so a little bit of this will go a long way. The almond oil and the cocoa butter in this lotion do an amazing job at softening your skin and making it feel silky smooth for hours.

Overall, this body lotion is very good. It smells nearly identical to the shower gel, the smell lingers on your skin for a couple of hours and your skin feels smooth for hours afterwards. I just wish that the smell was slightly stronger. However, I do really like this body lotion and I can tell that it's going to last me a very long time and I can't wait to buy some more when it next comes out in the Lush Kitchen!


Description On Lush:
Pause for a peaceful moment to smooth softening almond oil on that beautiful body. Bergamot uplifts the senses as zesty lemon oil cheers and brightens you from the outside-in. As you lovingly rub them all over, the sunny scents of orange flower absolute and Sicilian mandarin will take you on a refreshing trip to sunnier climes.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Bergamot Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Mandarin Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Lilial, Citral, Coumarin, Oakmoss Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£13.95/225g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment