Thursday 12 May 2016

Whoosh Shower Jelly




I have quite a big collection of shower jellies, but the thought of using them - after reading many reviews about them - never appealed to me.

To this day, I've used about ten different shower jellies and my thoughts on them are pretty much the same every time: hard to use, nice to smell.

When I took the lid off the Whoosh Shower Jelly, the smell of citrus instantly hit me, it wasn't as strong a citrus smell as the Refresher Shower Jelly, but the citrus smell was still definitely there.

What I tend to do with my shower jellies is get a pair of scissors and cut a thin piece off the top of the jelly. So it's a small, thin shape that fits in the palm of your hand. This makes it easier to use the jellies without dropping them loads in the shower. This doesn't make it possible to NOT drop, but it helps because you'll have a better grip on it. I still dropped mine a couple times but it's better than dropping it ten times in a matter of minutes.




Whoosh shower jelly lathers up pretty nicely. Again, to lather it up properly, I lather the jelly up in between my hands at first and then once I get the lather going, I then use it on my body out the way of the water. So I move the shower head to the side so the water stream isn't going on my body and then I use the jelly.

Whilst using Whoosh on my body, it didn't lather up as nicely as I expected it to, but when I used it in a small circular motion, it lathered up a bit better, but this was a bit annoying as it took much longer to wash my body than a normal shower gel would.

The little bit that I cut off the top of the shower jelly lasts about four washes but when you get to the fourth wash, little bits start to break off the jelly and go down the drain - which is a bit of a waste.

The smell of Whoosh lingered on my body for about half an hour after stepping out of the shower, but the scent stayed on my hands for about an hour. If you have read my reviews on the other shower jellies, you know that I also like to use the jellies as soaps - since the smell does stay on your hands longer and having the smell of Whoosh on your hands for an hour is a dream, since the jelly smells so good.

I think the idea of shower jellies is a very fun one, but they seem to be a bit unideal for when you just want that in-and-out shower. If you want a quick shower, I would opt for a normal shower gel, not a shower jelly.

Since that little chunk that I used lasted for around four washes, my 240g tub will be lasting me for quite a while and once I have finished that tub, I will be buying it again.


Description On Lush:
If you're a little wobbly with overtiredness, Whoosh will give you the oomph you need. Its zingy fragrance and slinky feel with blast away fatigue, especially if you chill this jelly in the fridge or freezer beforehand. We've mixed seaweed, fresh citrus juices, rosemary and geranium oils into this pot. Scoop some of the gel out and use like a soap to cleanse and lift away dead skin cells, leaving you brighter and fresher.


Ingredients:
Glycerine, Honey Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Fresh Grapefruit Juice, Fresh Organic Lime Juice, Grapefruit Oil, Rosemary Oil, Geranium Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£3.95/100g
£7.95/240g


Vegan:
No


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment