Wednesday 15 June 2016

Black Pearl Shower Gel




Black Pearl shower gel has been a rarity in the Lush community for years so when I saw it on the Lush Kitchen menu for the week beginning 30th May 2016, I knew that I had to get my hands on some.

I had seen pictures after pictures depicting how beautiful this product was and how amazing it smelled, I had reviews telling me that I had to get it otherwise I would be missing out on it. 

This review is going to do just that: if it hasn't done already.

Upon first looking at Black Pearl, it has an ashen-grey colour which doesn't look too appealing, but if you look closer, then you can see the silver lustre through the bottle. In the ingredients, Lush state the the lustre as "edible"... Hmmm... Can someone let me into the Lush Kitchen please so I can try this out? *begging*

When you take the lid off, the shower gel looks even more shiny and the grey doesn't actually look that bad as when you first see it. Maybe it would be better if the shower gel was actually black with silver lustre? Would that be possible, because that would be amazing and would suit the name more.

Chamomile is an essential oil that helps sensitive skin and can also be used as an alternative to lavender; it's gentle oil soothes and calms skin that has been irritated.

Lavender is also used in this shower gel and it helps soothe your mind and your muscles so if you've had a hard day at work or you're just aching in general, lavender will work wonders. Lavender absolute can also be found in Black Pearl; it's sweeter than it's oil counterpart and has a less floral fragrance. Lavender absolute is also calming and soothes muscles.

The olibanum oil found in the shower gel has a more woody, spicy aroma. The oil is effective on sore skin, so it would be good for eczema. 

Black Pearl has loads of gorgeous silver lustre


Black Pearly with it's gloopy, silver consistency

Whilst I was lathering up with Black Pearl in the shower, I couldn't really smell the olibanum oil; the lavender was the frontrunner scent and smelled very similar to the Softy foot lotion. If you don't like lavender, I wouldn't recommend this shower gel

Because I love lavender, this shower gel was perfect for me. The smell was so strong that it was overpowering, it was subtle and it did actually manage to make me feel slightly relaxed. 

The consistency of Black Pearl is quite gloopy - it's slightly thicker than The Comforter but this didn't mean it lathered up poorly.

I found that it is one of the best shower gels for it's lather. The first time that I used it, I squirted the 'normal' amount onto my shower scrunchie and I realised that I could get away with using a lot less. So that's what I did when I used it for the second time; I squirted a lot less on (maybe the same size as a 10p piece?) It still lathered up beautifully and after I had finished cleaning my body, I had a lot of lather left over on so I just kept massaging this gorgeous shower gel onto my skin.

The longevity of the lavender aroma didn't really last a long time on my skin, so I was slightly disappointed. The smell lasted for about 20 minutes which isn't long at all compared to other shower gels that Lush have released.

Overall, Black Pearl is a fantastic shower gel; sure it could actually be black (please?), it could have a slightly stronger smell and the smell could last longer but the look of this shower gel trumps all of those slight negatives. If you're looking for a shiny, lavender scented shower gel that makes your skin feel smooth, then this is the shower gel for you.


Description on Lush:
Feel like everything is shivering your timbers? Take a deep breath and seize a more mellow outlook with restful lavender and chamomile. Relaxing olibanum and myrrh help to restore balance to skin as treasured almond oil leaves behind a loot of silky softness.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Chamomile Infusion, Lavender Flower Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fine Sea Salt, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Cetearate, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Silver Edible Lustre, Lavender Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Olibanum Oil, Myrrh Resinoid, Almond Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


PricE:
£11.25/250g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:








xoxo
Kirsty

2 comments:

  1. tash_the_lushie16 June 2016 at 20:32

    Great review!!! You were so lucky to get a bottle in the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But I knew that I had to get some. I just wish that I bought more than one bottle :L
      - Kirsty

      Delete