Tuesday 19 July 2016

9 to 5 Facial Cleanser



After trying and absolutely loving the Spring Cleanser facial cleanser, I was intrigued to see what the other facial cleansers were like from Lush. I had already used (and again, loved Ultrabland) so I thought it was about time that I tried out Lushie favourite: 9 to 5.

Ever since I reviewed Spring Cleanser two months ago, I switched over to 9 to 5 to see how my skin would react. Since my face is quite oily, I have to be very careful as to what products - particularly moisturisers or cleansers - I put on it. Spring Cleanser worked very well and I was hoping that 9 to 5 would work the same way.

One of the things that I love the most about 9 to 5 is the smell. It's very subtle and not at all in-your-face which I absolutely love because I wanted a smell that would last a long time but one that wouldn't be too strong. This is such a simple product and with only 11 ingredients, it's a very natural cleanser so you don't have to worry too much about what you're putting on your face.




The gorgeous smell of this facial cleanser is made up of dove orchid extract which adds a fragrant, floral aroma and this combines itself with almond oil which adds a sweet element to the product and almond oil is also used for it moisturising and hydrating properties. You can use almond oil for both hair and skin as it replenishes any dry areas with moisture and any damaged areas will be as good as new in no time! Ylang ylang oil is also an ingredient that adds itself to the smell of the 9 to 5 cleanser. It has a sweet, floral aroma and is normally used in aromatherapy to tackle stress. In this case, it's to create an amazing smelling product!

If you're not too keen on floral scents, don't worry! As I mentioned before, the smell of this cleanser isn't strong at all. It's very very light and you only notice that it's there if a gust of wind blew on your face. *Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but... Still...*

Many people use the facial cleansers as make-up removers instead of using wipes. I tried this with both Ultrabland and Spring Cleanser and I found that I was using way too much of the product to get rid of my make-up that the products weren't lasting me long at all. It felt like a waste - especially considering that I only wear foundation and mascara 90% of the time!


This might not look like a lot but this small amount here covers my entire face and neck. A little bit goes a long way...


Instead, I stuck with my make-up wipes. What I do now is: take my makeup off using my wipes like usual, and then when I think I've got everything off, I use the 9 to 5 (or whatever cleanser I'm using at that moment in time) to get the excess off. I have found that this method works so much better for me as I'm not using tonnes of the product and I can also see the leftover makeup on the cotton pad.

I've also had people ask me how I apply the cleansers. As aforementioned, I take make-up off using wipes, get my 9 to 5 cleanser and squirt a small blob onto my fingers. I then massage it all over my face (don't forget those eyebrows, underneath your nose and top of your neck, as that's where excess make-up accumulates!) I get a cotton pad, wet it underneath the tap and press it dry until it's damp. I then wipe the cleanser off my face. I do this twice just to make sure I'm getting all the excess off. Doing this twice still uses a lot, lot less of the product than when you use it as a normal makeup remover.


This isn't even left-over makeup. It's dirt that had been on my face for the duration of the day. So even if you don't wear makeup, you can still use the cleansers to get rid of any dirt


9 to 5 facial cleanser leaves my face feeling so smooth and soft and this feeling lasts a very long time, roughly about six/seven hours. All I know is that I go to bed with soft skin and wake up the next morning with my skin still feeling soft.

I'm not 100% sure if I like this better than Spring Cleanser but it is better than Ultrabland. 9 to 5 is definitely handier than Spring Cleanser because it's a product that's in-store all year round and not just in the Lush Kitchen like Spring Cleanser is.

What's your favourite cleanser from Lush? Leave a comment below!


Description on Lush:
Take the day off and brighten the skin with this almond oil and dove orchid cleansing milk, to soothe and moisturise. This is a loose emulsion with an exquisite blend of floral essentials oils to brighten the skin, removing all dirt and makeup. We use dove orchid for its soothing properties, and almond oil to make you skin feel refreshed after a hard day.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Almond Oil, Stearic Acid, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract, Everlasting Flower Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£5.25/95g
£9.95/240g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:





xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment