Tuesday 5 July 2016

Needles and Pines Shower Jelly




I used to think that I would never be a fan of shower jellies; I thought that the idea was quite odd but after using them, I have now come to understand the hype that surrounds them.

Needles and Pines shower jelly is one of the jellies that are in the all-year-round stock and is known for its winter-woodland aroma.

I'm not a huge fan of shower jellies, I prefer Lush's shower gels as they're easier to use but every now and then, I cut up one of my jellies and try to challenge myself to not dropping it for the duration of my shower. *Let me tell you now, that is a very very hard challenge*

What drew me to this particular shower jelly was the vibrant green colour, very similar to the colour of the Avoshower shower jelly, so I decided to buy it and a few days later my package arrived, I tried it out.

As soon as I removed the lid off of the jelly, the smell of Christmas hit me. If I could describe this product in one word, that's what it would be: Christmas. The smell of fresh pine leaves reminds me of a Christmas tree and if you put this jelly in the fridge or freezer before using it, the smell becomes stronger and fresher when you use it in the shower. Needles and Pines smell absolutely gorgeous.




Even though there is grapefruit oil in the jelly, I can't smell any citrus elements since the woodland aroma is very dominant. I do think that a subtle citrus smell would ruin the scent of the product.

Carrageenan Extract is mucilage that is extracted from Irish Moss seaweed and this ingredient helps replenish your skin's moisture and leave it feeling silky smooth.

Before using shower jellies, I tend to get a pair of scissors and just cut the jelly into small pieces because I've found that it's much easier to use the jellies if they're smaller and can fit in the palm of your hand. When I first bought shower jellies, I was using them whole and I found the experience very infuriating as it kept slipping out of my hand and I also found that it didn't lather well at all. Since cutting them up, they lather brilliantly, they're easier to use and last longer. Everyone has their own methods for using Lush's shower jellies, but I have found that this way works best for me.





After cutting my shower jelly up, I scooped up one of the pieces and immediately got the lathering it between my hands before using it on my body. Another thing that I have found our from using shower jellies is that if you use it straight away on your body, the jelly doesn't have to time to lather and create that gorgeous smelling foam. I get the jelly in my wet hands and just rub them together for about 30 seconds and then I find that the jelly is ready to use. When I use the jelly on my whole body,  I keep it out of the way of the shower head as I've also found out that too much water makes the jelly lose its lather.

With Needles and Pines, it didn't need much pre-lathering at all; after ten seconds it was done and ready to use. It glided smoothly over my skin and instantaneously, I could smell the refreshing scent of pine needles. After I had washed the suds off and exited the shower, I could smell the jelly on my skin and my skin felt so soft; I was very very impressed (I had also managed to only drop the shower jelly three times in the shower, I was proud of myself).

The smell of Needles and Pines lingered on my skin for about four hours which is amazing as other shower jellies I've used, their smell has only lasted from half an hour to a couple of hours.

If you have read my other reviews of Lush's shower jellies, you will also know that I like using these products as soap as well since the smell lasts longer on your hands. Using them as soaps also makes your hands feel moisturised and smell amazing (depending on which shower jelly you use *yes, I'm looking at you Pot O' Gold!*)

Overall, out of the four all-year-round shower jellies (Refresher, 93,000 Miles, Whoosh and Needles and Pines), this one is definitely my favourite and even though I prefer shower gels to shower jellies, this is definitely one of my top shower products to use. Well done Lush!


Description on Lush:
A song of ice and fire for after the sauna (after all, it's better than rolling in snow). Stimulate circulation by taking it straight out of your freezer and into the shower. An infusion of pine needles and cypress leaf combines with Siberian pine nut oil to create the scents of verdant Finnish woodlands. The solid base, made with carrageenan extract is fantastically softening on the skin.


Ingredients:
Pine Needles and Cypress Leaf Infusion, Glycerine, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Perfume, Siberian Pine Nut Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 59040, Colour 45350


Price:
£4.50/100g
£8.95/250g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:






xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment